I’ve talked to some freelancers, trying to rank their pain points:
- Working as a full-time freelancer makes people develop a feeling of instability, financially and mentally.
- They feel isolated from society.
- Freelancers need help drafting contracts and setting rates.
- They also need better health insurance plans.
It turns out that the priority changes based on how long they have been a freelancer. If a person just got his/her first project, the priority will be to draft contracts and setting rates. After a while, freelancers usually have learned all the paperwork and PM skills (in a hard way, though). They need help to reach their dream projects and get a stable income.
There are several potential solutions:
Build an online platform for freelancers to reach/ be reached by their ideal companies/projects.
Build an AR platform/web browser extension for freelancers to reach/ be reached by their ideal companies/projects easier.
A Learning Center for freelancers to take courses/play games to learn how to deal with tax, health, insurance…
An app for freelancers to team up and accomplish projects/tasks together.
Next step, I will …
- Talk to companies and recruiters to figure out how they actually look for talents.
- Chat with more freelancers, see which solution solves their pain points the most.